OUR COMPANY SERVICES
Gibraltar Hospice provides emotional and practical support to patients as well as their families, friends, and carers. Our services are provided by specially trained multi-professional teams, which include doctors, nurses, social workers, counselors, and physiotherapists. Through these services, we provide skilled and compassionate end-of-life care to individuals and support for families, friends, and caregivers.
- CARE AT HOME: At Gibraltar Hospice, we feel it is important to understand, appreciate, and accept that many patients want and need to be surrounded by their loved ones in their home for as long as possible. It is our goal to provide our patients with quality care and treat each and every one of them as individuals as well as to respect their personal beliefs and lifestyles.
- BEREAVEMENT CARE: Bereavement is the time we spend adjusting to the loss. It is the period of grief and mourning we go through after someone close to us dies. At Gibraltar Hospice, we understand that every step of the process is natural and healthy. The goal of our bereavement counseling is to provide support during these very difficult times and prevent the grieving from turning into something unhealthy, like depression.
- SPIRITUAL CARE: Gibraltar Hospice views spiritual care as a significant part of the services we offer to patients and their families. As a multi-faith hospice, we value and promote spiritual care and our multi-faith chaplaincy team provides spiritual support and guidance to patients and families of all faiths or none at all.
- PALLIATIVE CARE: Knowing that all of our patients are experiencing a very difficult time, Gibraltar Hospice offers palliative care that can be given at the same time as treatments meant to cure or treat their disease. It may be given when the illness is diagnosed throughout the treatment, during follow-up, and at the end of life.
- DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT/SUPPLIES: To sufficiently serve our terminally ill patients, Gibraltar Hospice is equipped with durable medical supplies needed for their treatment and medication. It can always be a great help to know that everything is under control and that we are prepared to provide whatever our patients need during difficult times.
- PAIN AND SYMPTOM CONTROL AND MANAGEMENT: Pain management is one of the primary goals of hospice care in Gibraltar Hospice. We help keep our patients comfortable and manage symptoms to make sure that they have the highest quality of life for as long as they live. Our team carefully evaluates a patient’s pain during every visit using pain rating scales and the expertise of our staff.
- SELF-SUFFICIENT REHAB COUNSELING: Through the hard times our patients and their families are experiencing, we understand that they are in need of support in facing the effects of the life-limiting illness. Because of this, we provide self-sufficient rehab counseling to individuals to help improve their quality of life and determine the training and support our clients need to deal with their social, personal, and vocational effects of their conditions.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY EDUCATION: Gibraltar Hospice holds and gives education to help family members prepare, understand, and support each other through a final illness. With sound medical advice, we help families make choices that are right for them. We are here to assist family members and patients in keeping their commitments to each other when a loved one is dying.
- CERTIFIED HOME HEALTH AID: Gibraltar Hospice offers professional home health aides who interact with our patients and perform a variety of services during visits. Our home health aides may educate family members on patient care so that they will feel comfortable providing daily care to their loved ones. Our home health aides help create a strong bond between our patients and their families during this difficult time.
- SKILLED NURSING CARE: In order to provide sufficient care to our terminally ill patients, we offer skilled nursing care through our licensed nurses for complex treatments. This is to help make our patients feel as pain-free and comfortable as possible.